Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Give Me A Break

  I don't mean to complain, but guess what... I'm gonna. Unless of course someone can give me a logical reason as to why I only get three breaks at work, but the people who smoke get five or six of them. I'm not all that great with math, but that doesn't seem fair to me.

  If one person is getting five or six breaks then I feel everyone should get five or six breaks. Getting extra breaks shouldn't just be a smoker's thing... but interesting enough, it is.

  There is no way I could go up to my supervisor and tell him I feel like I  need another break even though I just had one thirty minutes ago. I'm pretty sure he would laugh in my face and just tell me to get back to work. However, if I went up to that supervisor and told him I was craving some nicotine and wanted to take a quick smoke break, he would just nod his head and tell me not to take to long. Too bad I don't smoke.

  And you have to smoke. You can't go up to your supervisor and be like, "Oh man, I totally need an Oreo. Watch my machine while I go outside and twist open some cookies" or "Everything is getting really stressful. I need to go outside and do a few Mad Libs to help calm my nerves."

  What's worse is half the time you can't bring this concern to the attention of your supervisor, because he or she is also sneaking outside and taking extra breaks. Kind of makes complaining a little pointless.

  So, since I can't complain, I came up with my own solution. After some intense contemplation I realized there is one thing your supervisor and boss can never deny you... bathroom breaks. And the best part is, a bathroom break can take a minute or it can take as long as 30. It all depends on what you had to eat.

  I'm going to put my theory to the test tomorrow. , and when things slow down, I'll tell my boss I need to go to the bathroom. He has to say yes, right? I mean, he's not going to want me doing my little pee-pee dance where customers can see me. Once, he sends me I can go hang out in the bathroom for a bit and eat cookies or read some comics and maybe even watch some tv on my phone. The possibilities of what could be done in there are endless.

  If this works I may have found a loophole for all of us non-smokers out there. You have to love the loophole.