Saturday, March 29, 2014

No Spatula? No Problem.

  I'll be the first to admit that grocery shopping when I get off work at 11 pm is not the greatest of ideas. Mostly because I normally haven't eaten since around 1 or 2 pm. So, by the time I get off work I'm starving... and more than a little tired.

  It is also possible that when I'm hungry and tired that my judgement gets just a little distorted. Which means not only do I walk out of the store with more food than I need (the majority of that extra food being bags and bags of cookies), but also weird kitcheny gadgets. You know,  the kind of things you expect to see on those info-mercials at three in the morning. I'm a sucker for those things.

  You have no idea how many times I've almost walked out with a hot dog slicer in the shape of a weiner dog or a pan that makes perfect brownies or a plate that sings Weird Al's Eat It.

  However, the only item to ever make it all the way with me to the check out line was a tempting little product called, Toastabags.

  This product is a nifty alternative to the traditional method of making grilled cheese. You make your sandwich how you normally would,  minus buttering the sides of the bread. Next simply put the sandwich into a Toastabag and drop it into one of the slots on your toaster. Perfect for the person who may not own a frying pan or spatula or is just a tad bit on the lazy side.

  The only reason there are no Toastabags in my kitchen is the price... Which was somewhere around $16.00 for only five bags. As lazy as I am,  I just couldn't justify spending that much for five plastic bags.

  My only other concern was that given how clumsy I am and my luck,  I would most likely succeed in melting the plastic bag and catching the kitchen on fire.

  However,  should anyone feel like getting me an early birthday present... Toastabags can be found at Hy-Vee. Hint hint.