Monday, March 17, 2014

Misunderstanding Monday

  Misunderstanding are pretty common between people and occur due to any number of reasons.  Whether someone wasn't paying attention during a conversation or just assumed they heard what they thought they heard or simply didn't check their text message after auto correct got a hold of it.

  According to study conducted by the Wisconsin University,  80 percent of all misunderstandings occur on Monday. Which makes sense to me.

  Monday is your first day back to work after a fun and relaxing weekend.  You're still tired from staying up all night trying to catch up the last season of Game of Thrones  or sore from trying to dunk a basketball into a ten feet high hoop. So of course you aren't going to be a 100 percent focused. 

  Tonight while I was at work, I had a great Misunderstanding Monday experience.

  I work with this guy named, Donnie who looks alot like the character, Horseshack, from Welcome Back Kotter.  And for the last few days,  I have been trying to get people to start calling him, Horseshack.

  Now before you start calling me mean and a bully,  you should understand that Donnie is the person who convinced everyone at work to call me, Frogman. So as far as I'm concerned,  turn about is fair game.

  So as I was working on my machine, Donnie walks by on his way to the breakroom. I figure now is my chance to casually toss out, "What's up, Horseshack? ".

  I do... And he immediately stops in his tracks, slowly turns toward me and glares. "What did you call me," he growled.
  I looked at him slightly confused and repeated what I said earlier. "What's up, Horseshack?"

  His face turned the brightest shade of red and he got this little embarrassed smile on his face.  Then he said, "Oh. I thought you called me, Whore Sack."

  And then he just walked away shaking his head.

  How's that for a perfect Misunderstanding Monday.