Saturday, February 15, 2014

Quotes Of The Week

  I came across these quotes that I liked today.  And given that I am in a sharing mood, I thought I would post them here.

 
"If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid."
- Murphy's laws of combat

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
- Plato

"Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside."
- Mark Twain

"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell."
- Edna St. Vincent Millay

" Nothing is more painful to the human mind than, after the feelings have been worked up by a quick succession of events, the dead calmness of inaction and certainty which follows and deprives the soul both of hope and fear."
- Mary Shelley