Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Message From My Mom

  When I finally fixed my Samsung Galaxy S3,  I was in for quite a surprise.  It seems in the week I was waiting for Sprint to send me my new phone a change had occurred.

  I'm guessing in an attempt to make things easier for their  customers, Sprint started converting voicemails to text messages. An idea I am behind 100%. Anything that saves me the time of having to listen to dozens of boring text messages every day I would consider a blessing from God... If it worked that is.

  The voicemail to text translation is normally only about 10% accurate.  Which means I still have to listen to my voicemail messages. On the brighter side,  the translations are like really messed up word puzzles.  So, they help keep my mind sharp.

  Here's an example of how accurate the voicemail to text message system is. Below is a message I received from my mom this morning. First, I'll give you the phone translation of the voice message followed by what my mom really said.

Voicemail Translation:

Hi wendy and ellen snow point and ... she's.

Mom's Actual Message:

Hi Jimmy. Are you still in bed? Talk to you later.

  It pretty much got only the 'hi' part right.

  I'm so glad Sprint has started offering this amazing service. At first I was surprised they were just giving it away.  Now I see why. Thanks Sprint. Woohoo.