Monday, December 30, 2013

Best Presents Ever

  I hope everyone had a happy holiday.  This time of year it is really easy to let all the work and family stress overwhelm you until you are nothing but a big ball of Grinchy goo.

  Its because of all this stress that sometimes people just get overwhelmed and run out of time to shop so they go with a gift card or just put some money in an envelope.  Which I have nothing against,  but this year I was given two presents that someone put a lot of thought and live into and that made them quite possibly the best presents I have ever received.

  Both of these amazing presents were given to me by my girlfriend. And I know some of you are thinking, 'Of course she got you cool gifts. That's what a girlfriend is supposed to do.' But I can tell you from my experience that is not always the case. More often than not, people will  buy something just so they can cross a name off their list. Sure it might be a cool gift,  but does it have any meaning behind it.

  The first gift my girlfriend gave me was a set of three ornaments. Which is really awesome because I had been looking for the perfect ornament to put on our Christmas tree. I wanted to be something special that somehow tied into this being the first Christmas my girlfriend and I spent together. So, years down the road when we hang the ornament up we can both smile and reflect.

  The ornaments were snowmen and Christmas trees with little picture frames in the center done in a style that I can't really describe but I like. And to be honest, I'm including a picture, so you can see for yourself. Inside the picture frame of one of the snowmen, she had written, "V + J: 2013".

  Sure it was such a simple thing, but it meant so much. She could have got anything at all and I would have been happy. However, by giving me those ornaments it not only shows she put a lot of thought into her gift, but also that our first Christmas together was special to her as well.

The Perfect Ornament 

  The second gift she gave was a drawing of a giant pair of pants and on a Post-It Note, two stick figures. The boy stick figures asks the girl "Are these my size?" and the girl responds with a loud "No".

  What does these mean besides being a cool piece of art? It means my girlfriend thinks my pants are too big. Which is true. You can't argue with the truth.
I have issues with buying the right size pants

  The picture is also a promise of an adventure. One day we will go out into this crazy world in search of a pair of pants that will fit me and whatever happens along the way happens. It is probably one the greatest gifts anyone has ever given me just for the sheer fact of how creative it was and the story behind it.  I have it framed and every time I look at it I think how lucky I am and get a big dopey smile on my face.

  Based on just the amazing time I have spent with my girlfriend and these two incredible gifts alone, this has been the best Christmas I have had in years.

Thank you